I have spent the last several days working on a better web site for work as the old one, while looking ok it was not really search engine friendly.

I have changed the following:

  • Use of h1, h2 and h3 headers
  • Bullet lists li for easier reading
  • More file includes to save re-editing every single file every time I want to make a change
  • Page positioning with CSS – goodbye tables
  • Site is now x-html 1.1 valid, CSS is valid too

Bottom line, site looks better, has been re-organised and hopefully search engines will like it a lot more to put us in the top 10 results when being searched for. Time will tell if the new design agrees with Google and friends.

— David

Leave a Reply